1. Bicycle boxes and waste receptacle boxes
2. There is a great lack of truck parking spaces on the motorways, but?
3. Solution for central public transport stations e.g. at train stations
4. Ideas for Rhine crossings Cologne - Bonn
5. Two TEN V projects: new rail links from Mönchengladbach to Roermond and Duisburg - Antwerp
In a closed development it is difficult to bring the garbage cans, bicycles, strollers wheelchairs, etc. to the street or sidewalk. The basement stairs are often narrow and especially for the elderly the weights for the garbage cans and also e-bikes are difficult to handle.
In many other cities, there are already bike boxes in public areas that are rented out. Examples are e.g. Hamburg, Dortmund and also Düsseldorf. We see that also for our garbage containers the problems exist, therefore a uniform solution should be reached for both. That thereby a passenger car parking bay against approx. 3 bicycle parking bays and place for the attractive parking of the large garbage containers is omitted is accepted. Further variants e.g. with approx. 6 bicycles without garbage containers belong to the concept.
The trash receptacles can be shared. These bicycle boxes should be able to be used by small adaptations also for baby carriages, bicycle trailers, Rollatoren, wheelchairs, E-Roller etc., depending upon need. The size could be equivalent to a car parking space. This means that these vehicles can now be accessed directly from the front door, safely stored and will therefore be used more quickly, even for short journeys. This is true for children, as well as for older people and people with limitations, who now get more independence. They now need no, or less, help to provide vehicles on the footpath. The use of the bicycle is significantly supported.
The truck drivers must strictly adhere to the regulations on driving times and take appropriate breaks. Unfortunately, the number of parking spaces has not been adjusted with these regulations.
There are more solutions here.
The construction of new parking spaces could be faster and more environmentally friendly if the existing parking spaces were extended with a second level. In other words, additional parking spaces could be built above the current parking areas of the service areas, e.g. with a steel scaffold.
It should be possible to obtain planning permission quickly, since
1. only the existing areas will be built over, with appropriate border distances,
2. no new areas have to be sealed and protected,
3. no further compensation areas have to be created,
4. both sides of the service areas with crossings can be used together through optimal use of all parking spaces,
5. if necessary, the areas above the motorway can be used additionally, and
6. the new areas can be equipped with solar panels for shading and power generation.
The construction itself can be carried out quickly with prefabricated parts. The social areas could be built above the existing rest areas on the 2nd level so that the existing techniques can be used.
The costs are also lower, as much fewer resources are used. With parking management via the network and with pre-indicators, the search for a parking space is simplified and there is less search traffic.
Here are two examples of a service area on the A52 in Germany.
A demand: "why was a railway line not taken into account in the new construction of the A40 Rhine bridge?" came the answer, "the railways are responsible for that."
If we treat resources so lightly, we will have a problem saving the planet.
There is space above all traffic routes that we can use, we don't always have to consume new land. There are also double bridges. A connection between road and railway tracks on the same area.
If you find any errors, we are grateful for any advice.