Theme IV  Borderless European Ticket

Content of this page:

  1. The ticket system today
  2. How is it with the ticket or the ticket when we all talk about 5G and demand it
  3. Systems are already in operation
  4. The specialist concept that is already partly in operation
  5. Draft: Process representations of the European Ticket

1. The ticket system today

Everywhere in our lives we find calibrated meters for consumption or weight to get an accurate account. That is what we want. In shops, prices are also shown with comparative values (e.g. EUR per kg), if not, there are penalties. Furthermore, for electricity and gas consumption, for utility costs and rent. Everywhere we compare prices with values. Lump-sum settlements are not required.

Would we accept a flat rate for electricity, for example, as we do for television, streaming services, etc.? Certainly not.

Only in public transport do we work with a multitude of flat-rate prices according to the watering-can principle, no matter what service we buy.

2. How is it with the ticket or the ticket when we all talk about 5G and demand it

It's annoying when you want to use public transport and don't have a ticket. There's the internet, can you buy one there? Yes, but do I have everything then? How far does the ticket go?

Just ask yourself a few questions:

where do I get my ticket from,

are there limits to the transport companies that sell their own tickets,

are there offers,

if it works across Europe across all borders,

across all transport companies,

via all necessary means of transport,

with the connections,

where is my connection stop?

Sure, for those who have always been using public transport, no problem, they can find everything and get new information quickly. But everyone else?

What is the time we live in today, what is the standard in logistics, at car manufacturers etc. doesn't everything run automatically?

We only stop at the good old ticket, but something works.


The egotism and power of each haulier remains a problem for the solution.


A help for more public transport use and more customer friendliness, but to love the environment is on the way.

3. The overview of a borderless ticket

Here is an overview of the ideas for a borderless European ticket.

Status: 15.04.2023



3.1 Systems are already in operation

4. The technical concept, which is already partly in operation

Approx. 90 % are described, the other 10 % are very specific and must be solved accordingly.

Technical concept for a borderless European ticketing system. The link leads to a German-English document. Ideas from the 9-EURO-Ticket in Germany have been incorporated. For the long-term solution, however, it must be like driving a car in Europe, getting in and driving off, with a NAVI exactly to the destination, stop, platform or location of the means of transport. All means of transport must be included. From e-rollers to ICE/TGV. 

As a supplement to the following Borderless European Ticket, non-profit institutions and associations should also be admitted as grant providers. Further details should be regulated by the EU.

5. Draft: Process representations of the European Ticket

If you find any errors, we are grateful for any advice.